Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ring Ring! - New Phone

Ok, I'm on my third cell phone in six months. It's better than it sounds.. I think.

Last week I switched cell providers and received a phone upgrade and a new number. Well, today I did it again.

I'm now the new proud owner of a Motorola V551 ( VGA Camera, Video & Bluetooth ) as well as (get this) a Peterborough phone number. Ha! It's ammusing to me considering that I live in Toronto, but I spend most of my days in Peterborough attending classes at Trent University. And since my phone is primarily used for talking with my wife, it was just a lot cheaper to get a 705 area code number.

Anyhow, it's a very slick little phone. Especially for someone like myself who treats their cellphone like a toaster. If it makes/receives phone calls, then I'm happy. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Here's a link to a review if you care.

Also, I think that I'll buy a USB Bluetooth dongle so that I can get the pictures off of my phone and to play around with it a bit. After spending 2+ years co-developing a bluetooth stack for embedded devices, you'd think that I'd be sick of the stuff... guess not.

Oh, here's an awesome link to some Motorola/Linux stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A BT cellphone...very interesting....any chance that you can e-mail me your new number? Oh oh...I just jinxed it...I asked you to e-mail me something...ha ha...