Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Crash and Burn

Over the weekend the power supply in my main PC winked out. One minute everything was fine, the next all was silent and the smell of burned wires & hair filled the room.

After replacing the power supply, my OSs were unable to boot. I think that the power supply took out some tracks on those drives, so I'll have to wait until the X-Mas break for some time to fix them. Until then, I'm working on my P2/FreeBSD machine which is working just fine.


On a side note, here's a picture of a former co-worker and I during a debug session.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...I remember that session all to well...and I think you can probably recall the heat at the back of your neck from an intense stare....

Pete said...

I'm surprised that the right side of the image isn't distorted from your "anger waves".

Anonymous said...

ha ha....yeah, there should have been some noticeable blurring on the right side.

Martin Cathrae said...

those are some pretty sweet purple walls!

Pete said...

The walls outside of the office were a turqoisy/green. So nice first thing in the morning.