Monday, March 06, 2006

Spring Break

Over spring break Katharine, Winnifred, Findley and I packed up the car and headed north the Mattawa to visit Katharine's grand father before driving west to Sudbury for two nights.

I hadn't been to Sudbury in about 14 years, so the visit experience was completely new to me. We all got a kick out of Science North, and seeing the Big Nickel was fun. But I think that the biggest hit of all was the swimming pool at the hotel. I didn't know it was so easy to impress a three year old.



After two nights in Sudbury, we got back into the car and headed south to Katharine's family farm for a stay at the cabin. The snow was about 2-3 feet deep, so we had to park the car at the house and walk all of our stuff back to the cabin. It was nice and insular; Having a wood burning stove was super cozy.

Unfortunately the girls were asleep at the time, but at about 5:30 - 6:00am when I was up putting more wood on the fire I saw some wild turkeys and a deer out of the window. My camera was burried deep in the bag so I wasn't able to snap any shots for Winnifred. Although later on, she and I treked through the snow looking at all of the animal tracks.

Most people don't head to Central/Northern Ontario on their Spring Break (in February), but it was quite fun.

No comments: