Monday, October 31, 2005

Queueing Theory

Finishing off an assignment for my Data Structures and Algorithms course and felt like posting a small snippit of my work.



The assignment is fairly straight forward, and once you've wrapped your head around the problem, everything pretty much falls into place.

Basically, the assignment is an exercise in Queueing Theory. In particular, it's a simulation of the length of the wait queue of a bank, given a certain number of tellers, the time it takes for a teller to service a customer, and the interarrival time of customers at the bank.

It's not due for another week, so I can't post any more code until it has been handed in. But I would like to explore this topic more in the future as it can be applied to a whole variety of simulations ( eg network traffic, etc. ).

Well, back to coding!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Mirek,

They had C when you were in school? I imagine you programming in Cobol with punch cards ;)